- The average class size is 10 students, giving you a personalised experience.
- Every student receives exceptional academic and pastoral support.
- There are only 145 places in each year group, we will will get to know you very well.
“The class sizes really benefited my learning as you can connect with a teacher one on one and also the overall environment of sixth form is comfortable and full of nice people.”Charlie Flavell RH6 2018-20
- A tailored study support programme for all students, whatever your ability.
- A full time pastoral manager who is always available to support you with any personal or health issues.
- A tailored PSHCE programme that includes employability skills, careers information, advice, guidance and work experience.
“Teachers tailor my learning in order to meet my specific targets by adapting and changing the lessons to engage students and to fully understand the content”Aimee McMahon RH6 2018-20
- The Supercurriculum is designed to offer deep and rich experiences in your chosen subject areas. Top universities want to see that you are really knowledgeable and motivated about your subjects.
- They expect at least 8 Super-curriculum experiences in a university application.
- Top class companies deliver talks and workshops, such as IBM, Amnesty International and BAE systems.
- Trips and visits to Universities, apprenticeship fairs and companies.
“The Art Faculty frequently take students out on trips. We recently went to Liverpool to a variety of galleries.”James Carbery RH6 2018-20
- In 2019 two Arts Academy graduates went onto Italia Conti School of Dance.
- The Science Academy prepares its graduates for the most prestigious Universities.
- Enrichment trips to CERN, Big Bang Fair and a lecture from Martin Amos help extend experiences of science and related fields.
“The highlight of the course for me was visiting CERN in Switzerland, as I got to experience how Physics was being used outside of the classroom”Jacob Pearse RH6 2018-20
- Year on year achievement has improved at Rainhill Sixth.
- Average A-level grade is B
- Average Applied course grade is a Distinction.
“I constantly achieved or exceeded my predicted grade”Callum Whelan RH6 2018-20