Details of Exam Board: Pearson BTEC – Single or Double
- 5 GCSEs, grade 4 or above, including Maths and English.
- GCSE/BTEC in Dance or external dance qualifications (I.S.T.D, RAD, BBO) are preferred.
- Auditions will be held for those applicants who do not hold a dance qualification.
- Dance Diploma and Dance teachers qualification – Kate Simmonds School of Dance
- Diploma in Performing Arts at Masters
- Professional Dance Diploma at Bird College
- BA (Hons) Musical Theatre at Italia Conti
- BA (Hons) Dance at Italia Conti
You will work both practically and theoretically covering a range of dance styles (ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, commercial), performance and choreographic skills, original work, attending performances and exploring repertoire and practitioners. With a focus on quality, high expectations and creativity, we aim to offer an enjoyable and challenging course leading to further study or employment in a wide range of fields. Performing Arts will expand your public speaking skills, imagination, creativity, emotional awareness, risk taking, confidence and self-awareness.
Many believe a career in the creative subjects such as Fine Art can weave a route to some of the most highly-paid jobs in the UK. Within Art Textiles you’ll learn how to think creatively and independently, exercise your problem-solving abilities and fine-tune skills such as hand-eye coordination and visual communication
Following completion of the course students can continue onto further training or degree study at universities, conservatoires and theatre schools or engage in employment as a professional performer. A number of our students have gone onto study at prestigious colleges such as Italia Conti, Bird college and Master Performing Arts College and have been offered full scholarships to attend.
The weighting of assessment is 60% assignments and 40% controlled assessment. The coursework assignments are set and marked by your teacher and then externally moderated. You will complete a series of practical tasks along with a small written portfolio. The controlled assessment element will be set and marked by the exam board. You will have to respond to a pre-released brief or complete a written or practical examination.